Get ready for the smack-talk, because the Mechadroid voice synthesizers are coming online! Version 1.1.0 of Mechadroids brings with it the new Taunt System so you can tell your foes (and even your friends) what you really think of them. Everyone starts with the free standard taunt pack but there are more packs available from the premium content store so check them out!
In addition, you can now purchase Deadworld Fragments (our premium content currency) from the Deadworld ID site and Fragment purchases from this site are subject to a discount of up to 10%!
Here is the full changelog…
Congratulations to the Mechadroids Hall of Famers from round 1! It was a tough round for some people and some vicious fighting took place for those highly coveted positions! The hall of famers will be remembered on the Mechadroids site long after the last Mechadroid has fallen into a crumpled cardboard pile.
That said, onto round 2 and update 1.0.1. The focus of this update is to fix bugs, tweak balance and introduce a few small changes into the game. The exciting new features will come in Round 3 (update 1.1.0).
So, stable that arm back on since it’s round 2… fight!
Here is the full changelog…
After a successful Mechadroids release we’re off to show the game off in our very first games show.
We’ll be attending the Gameslab Welsh Games Development Show on 22nd of June at Cardiff’s Millennium Centre.
If you’re free we would love to meet anyone who comes to see us! The show starts at 10am and ends at 3pm – you’ll need a ticket but the good news is that it’s free!
Grab your free ticket here!
Mechadroids is now available on Google Play! Download it free for Android and join the fight!
Start up your Large Hadron Colliders and brush the dust off your cardboardium armour! Fix that gammy left leg, slap on the paint and bring the Mech infused action to your friends and foes.
Download Mechadroids on Google Play
See our Mechadroids release trailer for a glimpse of the game!
Our 4 month, going on 14 month, Android development project is finally coming to fruition. We’ve really been pushing ourselves hard to get everything wrapped up and in five days time, on the 30th of May, we’ll be releasing Mechadroids onto Google Play! Epic thanks go out to our community for their testing, feedback and constructive (and not so constructive) criticisms. Also, massive thanks goes to our Artist, Alix Briskham (portfolio here), who has turned Mechadroids from an obfuscated and confusing sprawl of poorly drawn images and icons into a sleek masterpiece of awesomeness (with a lot more improvements and premium content coming very soon).
So, ladies and gentlemen, get your Mechadroid ready.
Mechadroids is coming, for honour and glory!
We are finally here. This is the last Mechadroids release (baring any game breaking bugs) before we push out to Google Play and rename to version 1.0.0! We have to say thank you to everyone who is helping us out by testing Mechadroids. This is the last push until we go live!
With this new version we bring you something else very special. We’ve completely rewritten our authentication / user system and we bring you the new Deadworld Studios ID system (DWID). You can log in with your existing Deadworld login details.
Keep an eye out for an announcement for Mechadroid’s upcoming release date!
– Added ‘Battle Points’ (BP). BP is gained from fighting other human players and can be used on some premium content
– Added ‘Rebuild’ premium item
– Added ‘Rebuild’ area. Allows you to change parts and colours of your Mechadroid if you have a rebuild item
– Player’s Mechadroid is displayed on the main screen once it is cached
– Added colour copy & paste functionality to Create and Rebuild areas
– Registration from Mechadroids now works
– Added one time help messages for some areas
– [Server] Mechadroid images generated and cached on the server for much faster loading in Battle Overview
– [Server] Bots are now slightly harder than the last version
– [Server] Battle algorithm tweaked
– [Server] ‘Coolant’ premium item cost has changed from 100 frags to 300 frags
– [Server] ‘No Ads’ premium item cost has changed from 500 frags to 1000 frags
– [Client] BP replaces Credits in the Store
– [Client] Buy limit for coolant has been replaced with a daily coolant ‘use’ limit
– [Client] Key information in the detailed battle messages is now colour highlighted
– [Client] Various crashes from inactivity
– [Client] Customised opponent Mechadroid didn’t always load correctly
Here is our first balance update for Mechadroids version 0.5.x. We’ve tweaked a few things and run a reset.
With each release we’re running a 20 question quiz. Congratulations to ‘Pringle’ won the prize of 300 fragments, ‘Dracuella’ won 200 fragments and ‘Inveracity’ won 100 fragments! We’ll be running another one today so feel free to drop by our IRC channel.
All participants will receive 50 frags and frags are premium content currency for Deadworld Studios!
– [Server] Battle turn sequence algorithm has been improved to make it scale better
– [Server] Attack and defence attribute calculations have been improved for scaling
– [Server] Bot Mechadroids slowly gain credits each hour up to a maximum
– [Server] Credit stealing from lower levels has a much greater fall-off
– [Client] Players leaderboard is sometimes duplicated when returning from inactivity
– [Client] Crashes in players leaderboard when returning from inactivity
– [Client] Crashes in techlab/store/weapons lab/shields lab when returning from inactivity
– [Client] Adding a player from the ‘Recent Events’ could cause a crash
We have a big update for you today! Mechadroids 0.5.0 has just been released!
We’re very proud to show off all the new artwork. The game has been brought to life with the style shining through. This is the last major release before we launch Mechadroids onto Google Play. Starting today we enter a month of rapid balance testing and so we need your support now more than ever.
For the next three to four weeks we’ll be running Mechadroids for week long rounds and then changing the balance to see how well the game plays out. During this time we’ll also fix any obvious bugs, show stoppers and quick wins.
We’re almost at the major milestone so wish us luck and we hope you enjoy the release!
Here is the full changelog…
We’ve decided to host our second ‘Deadworld Gaming Night’ on Sunday the 22nd of April. The last gaming day/night was a complete success so we’re hoping this one will be as much fun! The schedule is as follows…
The gaming night is an open offer to anyone who would like to play with us. We will be gathering in our IRC channel #deadworld at irc.globalgamers.net. We hope to see you there!
This past month has been crazy in terms of development. Our contract artist has produced some excellent art that I’ve been concentrating on getting into Mechadroids. All the main features of the game are now in place so I’m wrapping up the loose ends. After that we’ll be ready for our next alpha release. Seeing how that goes we’ll then release it out onto Google Play (Android’s Market) as a beta!
We should have some exciting news to share in a few weeks time so I’m really looking forward to sharing more news soon! Ok… time for me to get back to work!