We’re still here! *waves* Honest! After a lot of delays (Jargon moving to Australia and CWolf being worked to death, quitting, moving to Germany and going DWS fulltime!) we’re happy to give you our Christmas present early… a new Mechadroids update!
The new update brings in a few core changes/additions to the game play, general bug fixes and some much needed layout improvements for the smaller resolution phones. With the addition of the targeting system you can now target specific Mechadroid areas to attack. With your armour refit system you’ll be able to change where your strengths and weaknesses are. This brings a lot more strategy into Mechadroids that was absent in the last version. We’ll be eager to hear your feedback on this.
Two important points are that you can now opt-out of the daily Mechadroids report and more balancing is coming soon! The daily report is only sent if there is activity regarding your Mechadroid so for those of you who may have tagged it as spam you can now untag it as spam and deactivate instead. This would help us out a lot!
Alpha testers can now visit the Mechadroids download area to install or if you happen to have the old version of Mechadroids installed it will prompt you to update.
Here is the full changelog…
– Targeting system for battles
– Armour refit system
– Ability to ‘opt-out’ of the daily report
– Settings area
– Deadworld Studios news area
– Pay to remove adverts support (inactive until released on the Android Market)
– You are asked for confirmation when buying weaker / same strength weapons & shields
– Daily reports are now only sent if activity is detected for your Mechadroid
– Weapons and shields are now more expensive
– Battle result is now a battle overview with ability to view further details
– Much better layout for smaller resolution phones
– Leaderboard now highlights human players in red
– Removed donate placeholder
– Crash related to Paypal and loss of mobile internet signal (Paypal removed)